Making Humorous Stories Irresistible for Children
In this course, author Cate Berry will teach:
- How to understand how humor works in general
- How to understand how humor works in picture books
- How to dissect funny picture books
- Examples of funny picture books
- Techniques you can use to amp up the "funny" in your own manuscripts
Cate Berry is the author of Penguin and Tiny Shrimp Don’t Do Bedtime! (Balzer & Bray/Harper Collins). It was pinned a Junior Library Guild selection and Publisher’s Weekly called it, “A buoyantly subversive anti-bedtime book. (Picture book. 3-7).” Her second book, Chicken Break, (Feiwel & Friends/MacMillan) releases in Fall ’19. She holds an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College of Fine Arts. Cate is a faculty member with the Writing Barn in Texas and an active member in the SCBWI and Writers’ League of Texas. She also speaks at schools, libraries and conferences year round. Visit her at www.cateberry.com to learn more.