Crash Course in Comp Titles
Finding and Using Comp Titles Efficiently and Effectively
Comp (comparative) titles can be the bane of a writer's existence. But not if you know exactly how to find them AND how to use them effectively. They can sell your book for you!
In this webinar, author Tara Luebbe shares her insider knowledge as a former bookseller to show you:
- What a comp titles are and why you need them
- How to go beyond Google for researching comp titles
- Effective and ineffective uses of comp titles
- The difference between a comp title and a mentor text
- How comp titles can help you before writing a first draft
- And LOTS more!
Tara Luebbe is a self-described “Picture Book Nerd.” In her previous life, she owned a kids’ toy and book store in Atlanta which was a catalyst for writing her own books. She is the co-author, with her sister Becky Cattie, of the books I AM FAMOUS (Albert Whitman, 2018), SHARK-NATE-O (Little Bee, 2018), I WAS FAMOUS (Albert Whitman, 2019), OPERATION PHOTOBOMB (Albert Whitman, 2019), and RONAN THE LIBRARIAN (Roaring Brook Press, 2020).
Tara is obsessed with Hamilton the musical, Star Wars, and subversive picture books. She has three boys and a husband and lives in Fort Mill, South Carolina. She is an active member of SCBWI Carolinas.